Sunday, August 10, 2008

What I Saw When I Look at My Grandma

Major black out today, most parts of Sarawak had it. Which most certainly include my home and area. Had "candle light dinner" at Pending Seafood, lot's of insects and the fish was not fresh. Not forgetting to mention it was expensive, what we paid for 3 was what we usually would pay for 4.

My father decided that since we can do nothing at home due to the black out, he took us to visit my grandma. I wondered why because we don't usually do that on other days except Sunday nights and her place probably black out too.

Then my father said that she is in the hospital, Normah Hospital to be exact. My father said he wasn't informed by my auntie before, which means it was kept a secret from him. From what I've heard, my grandma was itchy and so she scratched herself until ......

So there I was, next to my grandma, looking at her. Her skin, it was like semi-transparent, I could see the bleed under the skin, like the blood vessels burst or something. Her skin were all wrinkled up, plus the semi-transparent look, it seemed like it was fake skin, plastic wrapped around her.

When I looked at her and I remembered what my father said, I wondered for a second, I'm not sure what I was thinking, would it be better off if she was dead? What would life be good for if you're this old and even your body seems like it is rejecting you? Then i remembered, only one thing lasts forever. It's not how long you live, but are you sure about the truth, the way life is, the way things really work, if there really is life after death, if a God really existed?

I'm pretty sure about the answers, though I may not hold infinite wisdom and doesn't know everything, I'm still searching to know even more though. If you wanna know more about what I've learnt or discuss about things, feel free to drop a comment or at chatbox/msn/skype or by other means possible.

No comments: