Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A Pleasant Surprise from an Unpleasant Call Leading to Possibly a New Journey

It was on the 4th of August, I was on standby. After going to bed late at like 3am and not being able to sleep whole night. I was abruptly woken up at 740am. I was told to report straight to aircraft. So I took my time to prepare and get to the airport. In my mind, it wouldn't matter if I miss the flight or not.

At first she didn't really stand out to me, just another day of work with another set of crew, another stewardess. It was a Sydney flight, SQ211. 

So I was deployed as  J5, while the other GS is a J2. She was J4, the CSS was someone I flew with before and then there was a J3. When working, she was always so ganchiong. The GS and I was always teasing her, and the CSS would join in the fun as well. It was truly a fun sector, though tiring and challenging.

When we arrive in Sydney, at the hotel, a few of us had agreed to meet to go to the supermarket and then tapao dinner. She had let her hair down from the standard company grooming and had it in a way that I actually found her quite pretty.

Work next day, going back to Singapore, we were working in the same galley again. And again it was really fun working with her, she was all ganchiong again and of course the teasing would continue even though the other GS, my teasing kaki was not here. But this time I had been more and more daring. So then this time one of the girls asked me if I wanted to chase her and she would help me. That was when it hit me, I actually really enjoy this and then I had slowly tone myself down. In my mind, am I really falling for this girl? I mean I really enjoy this, this interaction that I have with her, its fun and everything, sure.

Til the end of the flight, I had really toned down and lessened a lot of my teasing and flirting. And she told me that she would be doing an AKL on the 10th, and before that it was her annual leave to attend a friend's wedding. The information was for me to change to her flight, but my very own annual leaving was just around the corner, so I couldn't change to her flight unfortunately.

At the airport while walking out, I didn't say much to her. I know she called me, but I didn't wait for her and just walked away. I was afraid, I had been single, been free for so long and there's so much that I have to let go, to change, to leave my comfort zone. I really doubted myself if I was even able to contribute anything to her, anything to give her, to make her happy. The me in Singapore is really zai, staying at home all day playing games and watching movies, that's not the real me. The real me is the me in Kuching, so interesting, so lively, so outgoing.

There were a lot of thoughts in my head and I spent a lot of time thinking. Because there was no way for me to find her or contact her, in the end I "sent" her my number through company email. 

The next few days were really painful. Just waiting, wondering when would she see my email, will she know that what I had left was my phone number, would she text me? And her being all that I can think of too, always in my head.

10 August, it was the day that she would do her Auckland. And guess what, she texted me on Whatsapp. I was overjoyed, I had already thought of so many things, including our first date and how it is gonna be.

This time, I don't wanna overthink stuff anymore, just wanna go with the flow, one step at a time.

2 comments:

Mysterious God Of Light said...

It's been so long I'm touching into my blog stalking list. 1st of all, congrats on your new chapter of life. Just take it easy and follow the flow. If all goes well, it'll probably ends well (either sooner or later in life).

If you need any advice, GIFC will always be there to help =D

Good Luck & God Bless =)

Hiro said...

Actually I dont want that many people to know, it's just that this blog has become something like a journey, a log where I can look back someday, where I can remember things.